Happy Birthday to Me! And might I add, CHALLENGE COMPLETED! A post a day for a year -DONE. I’ve had several requests for a self-portrait, so yesterday Madison and I walked down to the National Mall, I set up my tripod, and we had some fun. What a workout running into photos and posing, plus, doing acrobatics in boots is no easy feat. (The boots had to make an appearance since they are as much a part of my identity as my hair: “Big black boots, long brown hair, she’s so sweet with her get back stare.”) We had quite a few observers as we ran around the Mall, laughing, and doing silly poses while trying to time the seconds left on my camera’s timer. I love how this photo came out – I think my happiness really shows through. I’ll post the other photos from our shoot on Facebook later today so you can see how silly we looked.
This last post is bittersweet for me – many of you know how excited I am to no longer have to schedule time into my day to post on this blog. This was a very busy year for me and this added task sometimes seemed like a chore. On the other hand, I have a photo a day to document my life as a 24 year old which is pretty awesome. I’ll be able to look back and remember all the great times I had, where I traveled, and who I spent time with.
24 turned out to be a great year to document for all my friends and family and random internet friends, looking back it makes me smile to remember that:
- I traveled so much that I only spent 218 days in DC, visiting 6 countries and 15 U.S. cities/states. Mom and Dad will be happy to know I spent 52 days in RI!
- I discovered a freckle on the palm of my hand
- I like oysters (a lot, apparently)
- I started a business
- I saw Martha Stewart in real life
- I completed a certificate program at Georgetown University
- I saw sea turtles up close
- My post popular tags on The V Life are Washington DC, traveling, Rhode Island, Dupont Circle, coffee, wine, Paris
- My Droid takes really good pictures
- I like to eat/cook/bake/dine out
- I like sharing what I eat
- I followed through on my New Year’s resolutions, especially biking more in DC – oh, and starting a business
- I still really like wine and Paris
I just wanted to thank you all for following along with The V Life. Every day I try to have as much fun as possible and to continue learning and adventuring, and having my family and friends alongside me supporting me is just a wonderful feeling. Cheers to all of you for making this year so memorable!
PS: You can’t get rid of me that easily. Although I most definitely will not be posting here daily, you will still be able to check in and see where I’m traveling and what I’m eating. More on that here.